Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feb. 10,2009






Ok so it's been a while, I'm sorry about that, but I'm here now.

Well I had planned to stay with my sister Janet in LA until Monday but instead I left on Sunday
to avoid that Monday morning traffic and let me tell you that was the right move.

Anyway I'm on my way back to Cleveland and to tell you the truth I'm ready. I drove to Flagstaff, AZ
On Sunday where I hit about 10 inches of snow, I know that sounds bad but just 10 miles east
there was almost no snow at all and the next morning Flagstaff got another 15 inches.

The next day (Monday) I drove to Albuquerque, N Mex. stopping now and then to shoot photos
along the Historic RT 66. Then today (Tuesday) I left N Mex. and headed for Tulsa OK again
stopping to shoot a few photos, everything was going great, clear blue skys and 60 to 75 degrees
all the way to Oklahoma City, Okla. I ran into thunder storms, and didn't know I had missed
missed a catagory 3 tornado by minutes. I guess the 2 inches of hail on the ground should
have tipped me off.

Well to make a long story short, I made it to Tulsa, and should be back in the big C by Friday.
So until then enjoy some of the photos from Historic RT 66.

I love you all, and yes Ethel that means you too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gary,
    I love the new photos. Is the van for sale? I was wondering if you were caught up in the tornado..making memories on a great adventure!
    It's good to hear that you weren't swept off to Munchkin Land. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete